Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ACCA Graduation

Graduation....again!

A lot of people has been asking, "havent you just came back from a graduation and now you're going for another graduation?"

Yes. The one I attended in August was for my Oxford Brookes Degree of BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting graduation, and this time is for my ACCA. I get to wear the graduation robes and mortarboard twice! How cool is that? :P

The ACCA Graduation took place in One World Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. My parents and my Ah-Yee are down to KL with me. We left our hotel in Bukit Bintang area as early as 6.30am, which means we woke up as early as 5.30am to get prepared.

We reached One World Hotel at 7am. However, to our horror, the registration counter was not even properly set up yet (despite the schedule that they send us earlier says we can start collecting our graduation robes at 7am). The lady at the registration counter said, "please come back in half an hour's time to let us set up our counter". SWT! I just continue standing in front of counter (indirectly giving pressure for them to faster set up the counter lol). After about 10 minutes or so, I registered myself and took my graduation robes and mortarboard.

Then the next ques, how do I wear them? LOL the robes were different from the previous graduation I attended (furthermore, they actually helped each of the graduates to wear the graduation robes and mortarboard in my previous OBU graduation). So I stood in front of a mirror and tried to my best to visualize how my robes should look like (feeling slightly frustrated with their disorganized event which I've paid RM305!). I looked around trying to steal a glance on other graduates but none of them has worn their robes too. So I went back to the robes counter and asked for their help.

After all the hoo hah, finally i'm in my robes, ready for... photos! :)


yours truly

mummy and daddy

with liphoo, sookchen and kangleng

with liphoo, chekhwa, kangleng and melissa

group picture - Disted College

Group picture - EY

The graduates were being ushered to the ballroom for group pictures. Parents and guests would have to wait outside, thus I dont have the group picture.

After that parents and guests were invited into the ballroom when the ceremony begins. As the graduates are not seated according to alphabetical order, me and my friends managed to get the whole stretch to ourselves. Erm, actually 9 of us were seating on 7 chairs. Haha

Oh, and guests would have to pay RM150 per pax. My parents decided not to enter as it was quite pricey. So they hung out at the hotel lobby during the ceremony.

After the ceremony, I quickly went to the studio photo taking area to get my passport photo taken, as my photo will be out in The Star Newspaper on 27 October 2011. So please stay tuned! :)

After that we went for the refreshments. More to lunch as there were many food. After food, my family and I went back to the ballroom to take photos at the stage.

the stage

with Ah Yee

Then I returned my robes and got back my deposit and certificate of attendance. The end of my ACCA graduation! :)



*********************************************************************************
The Graduation Ceremony costs RM265, including :-
- Snack/Refreshment
- Certificate of attendance
- Rental of 1 set of Graduation Set (black robe, colourhood, mortarboard)

Optional package which I took :-
- Photo package A - RM40
* 1 set of 4R, 5R and 11R size photos receiving certificate in full with VIPs (1 pose only)

13 comments:

Phui Yarn said...

Oct u attend 2 grad ?

Shu-Min said...

Oops, it was a typo. I've changed it to August. Thx for the heads up Phui Yarn! :)

MEI THENG said...

congrats, shu min! you looked great :D

Shu-Min said...

thx meitheng! :)

Anonymous said...

wow cant wait to get mine, 4 papers to go! nice blog. much info. any post on interview experience and tips?

Shu-Min said...

Thanks! All the best to you! :)

Annie said...

Hi, may I know when is the convocation held after you knew yourself as an ACCA affiliate ?
Hope to get your reply. Thanks.
Annie.

Shu-Min said...

Hi Annie,

I got my last result in Feb and the graduation was in Sept/Oct.

Annie said...

Hi Shu Min,
Thanks for the reply and I was just completed ACCA in June sitting. So, have to wait until next year Sept/Oct for the convo . Am I right?

Shu-Min said...

Annie... i'm not sure if they will be able to add you in the convo. I guess it depends on the month they are organising. Maybe you can try getting their number and ask them. Hope they will be able to squeeze you in the upcoming convo! :)

Annie said...

Hi Shu Min, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, i did not attend classes from any learning provider or U. So I cannot attend any convo from any University. Sigh..

Shu-Min said...

U r welcome Annie.. Sorry to hear that you cannot attend any convo..

Annie said...

I have been registered for the 8th ALP Approved Graduation Ceremony for ACCA affiliate.. Hehe .. On October .. But it's time to trouble about the job hunting...

Related Posts with Thumbnails