Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

the numb story

Two days after I'm back from my Singapore Trip, I began to fall sick. As usual it starts with fever. And most of the time, when I have a fever, I will have nausea too. Which means I eat minimal food and vomit all of them out half an hour later. I'm pretty much attached to my bed 24/7. The fever+vomit lasted for two days.

Saturday morning, I woke up feeling much better. No longer feel nauseating, no more fever. Body still feel a little heaty though. But I even got the 'mood' to go out in the morning to purchase a new phone. I begin eating normally. The whole day was good. Until saturday night when my fever comes back. So I stuck 'cool fever' on my forehead, eat the two panadols and go straight to bed.

The whole day of Sunday, my fever was on and off. But at least no more nauseating! At least I can eat, which makes the whole day 10000x better! No need to lay down on my bed the whole day. Hehe

Monday arrived and I still have fever. I went to the clinic, as it seems like panadol is not working effectively. Maybe I need some antibiotic. Then the drama begins.

While waiting for my turn in the air-condition waiting room, I started to feel slightly numb. The type where we remained too long in the same position then the numbness comes. So the numbness was from my elbow to my fingertips, and also from my chest all the way up to my nose. When I mentioned it to the doctor, she says it might be due to coldness to bones. She gave me some medicine for my fever, antibiotic and vitamins.

Then on my way home, my fingers begin to feel 'more' numb. Slowly my fingers begin to 'freeze' and it was unable to move by their own. First it was only the fingers on the right hand. Half an hour later, fingers on both hands sorta 'freeze' and start having spasm (thiu kin in hokkien). As I'm still experiencing mild numbness from my chest to nose, I begin to ask my mum, 'what if it's stroke'. LOL


fingers curled up in a weird angle and i'm unable to move them without help!

So we decided to go to the hospital. We headed straight to emergency. The nurses begin to put a plastic on my face and asked me to breathe in it. The said slowly it will ease the numbness. They measure my fever too.

After a while, my spasm did ease slightly, and the numbness begin to go away. The doctor came and checked. Then she explains that this happens when our body is in anxiety, then we will breathe in more oxygen and releases more carbon dioxide. Thus she putting the plastic on and breathing in back our own carbon dioxide will slowly ease the numbness in our body.

But weird... my body is in anxiety. Up until today, I still cant think what makes it happen? LOL

The doctor recommends me to stay one night in the hospital to check my blood for dengue as I have been having fever for a number of days.

So, I go for my first hospitalization.

Not to forget, the first time my blood was withdrawn from my body for blood test.


The numbness only fully went away late at night.

What do I have to say for my first hospitalized experience? Well, it was super bored in the hospital. Time passes so s...l...o...w in there. Luckily I have my phone with me so I can go online and play some games with it. It's nice when people come and visit because at least time can pass at that time. I was also looking forward when the nurses come and give me medicines, measure my temperature, inject antibiotics for me. LOL

When the test results for my blood is out at night, the doctor says it's not dengue (*fiuf*), and not H1N1 (*double fiuf*). If my fever goes down tomorrow morning, then I can be discharged with medications.

I think my body listens intensely and since then, my temperature dropped and the next morning, I'm fever-free, numb-free and spasm-free! :D That's when flu and cough comes in.

So happy to be discharged and so happy to be at home!

Until 1 week later, the bill came.


RM1,261.96!! WHAT?!?!?!

2 comments:

Lamb~ said...

shoe-minnnnnn, hope you're well by now. ;) you poor thing, you're symptoms are something out of the ordinary, at least to me. interesting!

oh yeah, congratulations on both of your graduationssssssssssss.... :)

Shu-Min said...

piah piah! thank you! faster come back please!!! :D


yes i'm okay already. just a little cough if i get greedy and drink cold drinks or eat ice-creams. hehehe

btw, since u r studying pharmacist, any idea what supplement is good to improve one's health? with no side-effects and can stop taking if i want to? oh, must not be expensive! hahaha taking free advice before u start charging after u graduate :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails