Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kevin & Ruby's Wedding

Karen's brother had his wedding ceremony a few hours ago. It was held in a restaurant in Red Rock. So according to Karen, I'm supposed to reach there about 6.30pm as I would be helping out with the table sorting stuff.

As Connie, YiTing, Caryn and me went together, we arrived a little pass 6.30pm and we were early, TOOOO early because no one was there yet! But it was nice though, we get to take photos around there which normally would be packed with people later on.. like the 'garden-style' arch, the big big mirror. =P


the stage

About 7pm, the newlyweds arrived! Karen was with them too of course.


Karen . Kevin . Ruby . Shu-Min

Can see that their parents are so tensed, more tensed up than the newlyweds. Everyone refer to them when they have any questions about the dinner. I guess it's normal as parents are usually the more excited ones. LOL

Anyway turned out that I wasnt a much help to them as only the father understands the table listing. Sorry Aunty as I wasnt helpful that time as I promised! Hope you'll forgive me! =(

Anyway the dinner. We had a total of 8 dishes! WOW!! And my table only consists of 6 people. It means that we have more food than other tables! DOUBLE WOW!! \o/



The first four seasons dish, everything was cleared... except for the cucumber deco. Then the second dish, shark-fin soup.

Here comes the dilemma. You see, I'm trying to stop eating shark's fin because it's really cruel that they cut off the shark's fin and throw the sharks back into the sea and let them rot and die!! And as people who are close to me who knows me, I LOVE SHARK FIN SOUP!! I never say no to shark fin soup since the day I can chew up until today!! =.='' So in the end, I cant resist and took a bowl of it. But before that, I try my best to transfer as many shark's fin from my bowl that I can see to my friend's bowl. I confessed that I still ate a little. Sigh.. plan failed!! =(

Anyway, dish 3. It's a meat with a lot of oil. We couldnt figure out what type of meat it is.. though we all think that it's pork. We didnt finish that dish as all of us doesnt really enjoy eating 'oils'. We finished the rabbit-looking bread though.

Dish 4 was fried prawns. All of us was like.... "hmmm prawns... who wanna peel?" hahahhaa No one likes to peel so we ended up peeling our own prawns. All of us ate very little as we were LAZY. We ended up having 3 prawns left and so we played a game to finish them. We spin the lazy susan 3 rounds and if the plate of prawns landed in front of you, the person would have to finish up 1 prawn. Connie, Ivy and I got "lucky" and we "won" those prawns.

During dish 5 (mixed vegetables) and dish 6 (steamed fish), nothing unusual happened. We had our dinner decently. HAHAHAHA.. Dish 7 was the killer dish. All of us were so full already that we only ate half the fried rice. It was quite yummy though. I wished I wasnt that full yet!

Dish 8, they served my favourite honeydew sago!! YAY YAY!! I was happily eating halfway, then we have a few photo group taking sessions and when I'm back, the waitresses already took away my honeydew sago!! I was supposed to have at least 2 bowls of it!! T_T

We were bloated after eating for 2 hours. Oh.. of course we had the chinese 'Yum Seng' moment somewhere in between those dishes!

Thanks Karen and family for the invitation. And congratulations to the newlyweds. I wish you both forever happiness!! =)


Caryn . Karen . Ivy . YiTing . Shu-Min . Connie

p/s: more pictures in facebook.

Related Posts with Thumbnails