Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

my handphone evolution

I got my first handphone when I was in Form 2 (2003). It was a hand-me-down by my first sister. And it was none other than Nokia 3310!



I noticed most of my friends my age had Nokia 3310 as their first phone. Nokia 3310 is a real tahan lasak phone. No matter how many times you drop it, left right up down sideways backways, it wont spoil! As PeiShing says, you can use it when you need help eating crabs! LOL

I used it until middle of 2004 before the keypads start getting irritating. Some keys need to be pressed superly hard before it appears on the screen. I was struggling for a few months with it and suddenly I got offered to buy a second-hand Nokia 2100 that has been used only for a few months.



Woisheh, back then it was one of the kinda good phone. It has a rhythmic backlight alert! It actually follows the beat of my ringtone! And it uses white light, not yellow light! And at the back cover, you get to put pictures on it like a photo frame. WOISHEHHHHHH!

I had that phone until end of 2005, where I actually saved for the first time to buy a handphone. It was a Sony Ericsson Z520.



My first camera phone that can play mp3 songs too! My first time using a flip phone that supposed to be YENG! hahahaha

Too bad YENG phone doesnt last long. First it always gets hang and finally the screen went totally blank! It died at the end of 2006, right after the warranty period ended. DARN! I took it for a repair and it cost me more than 100bucks i remember! *sobs*

After repair it still doesnt work well, it keeps getting hang. That's when I exchange my phone with my mum because she uses it slowly so it doesnt get hang! LOL I was back to using Mum's black and white Nokia. :(

Then in March/April 2007, I got offered to buy a second-hand handphone again. It's a Nokia 3230.



It was kinda bulky a little, but since I needed a handphone and the price was quite cheap, so I took the offer.

Again, it died on me after about 6 months. Halfway using, the screen would fade away and become a total blank.

Then, I got myself a Nokia 6300 in October 2007, the red version. I love that phone. I was prepared to use that phone for at least 2-3 years ahead!



Too bad after 4 months, I lost it in Gurney. :*( I was sooo soooo sad!! Sigh......

Luckily a kind friend of me *ahem* Lean lend me a Nokia 6510 while I start saving money and get mum and dad and sisters to contribute to get a new handphone.

After that, I got myself a Sony Ericsson W910 in April 2008 after being influenced by my sister, Shu-Wen. My first slide phone!



At first I have trouble using the keypad but once I got used to it, I love this phone to the max! I love the SensMe and Shake Control! I love the smooth slide. I love the marble game! Most of all, I love the screen. It's BIG! And yet the phone is considered kinda slim. :)

Too bad now this phone of mine is in the hospital. The upper keypads are not functioning. And again, it's after the 1 year warranty period. Need to spend money to repair again. ARGHHHH!!!

So currently, I'm using the Nokia 6510 borrowed from Lean again. Back to black and white!

14 comments:

爱情的幽灵 said...

HAHAHAH..the crab part i laugh non stop..lol...eh, y no pic for my 6510 1? instead going forward, u tis ppl going backward!!!LOL!!! u r going bac to tamadun mesopotamia....hahahaha..a sign of 2012? o,0

Shu-Min said...

hahaha yes.. i noticed i go forward, then somehow will get kicked back to black and white! LOL~

u got nokia 3310 at home? we go eat seafood after exams. hahahha

爱情的幽灵 said...

dun hav ler...the most tahan lazak is the 1 tat i lend to jasvin 7210..tat 1 i wan it spoil also cnnt...keep smash it also dun wan spoil..lol

Rachael Lim said...

hahahahaha!!!
your phone always have the same fate...
hang! hehehe poor u!
ok may ur phone heal ASAP after the repair and not have the same problems again! =)

~H@PPY M3MoRY !N MY L!F3~ said...

y ur hp repair so long? : )
anyway ur hp all so pity le, not hang jiu spoil o lost... haha... : )
hope ur hp wil recover soon n wont enter hospital 4ever : )

Shu-Min said...

Lean: HAHAHAHAHA i remember u not really loving ur phone. cant wait for it to spoil! :P

Rachael: YES! i always get the hang problem. ISHK! cant wait for my phone to be back. Though i'm a little used to polyphonic ringtone now. HAHA

Jocelin: YA LOR! Sony Ericsson their service super bad. Takes so long to send the parts. ARGH! Thanks, I cant wait for my phone to be back! Did u realised this time studying i din take any pictures? HAHA

tanshuyin said...

oi...nv say u bought ur Sony Ericsson W910 thnx to peter arr? wanna die arr? no gratitude arrr?

Shu-Min said...

Hahahhaa okies lor. thx to peter for signing the contract with maxis for 2 years, so that i can buy my w910 cheaper! haha dont remind him! ;)

Frozen Flame said...

Hope u'll get a really long-lasting phone if u plan to buy another phone. :P

爱情的幽灵 said...

woi...u also nvr say thanks to me coz i tell u the promotion...=D

Shu-Min said...

shaun : haha not planning to get another phone yet. still loving my w910. hope it lasts me for another 1-2 years! LOL (notice i purposely use shaun? haha)

lean: thanks lean lean!!!!!!!!!!!

Frozen Flame said...

Haha! Ya la. Why suddenly use that? I'm shocked! =P

Shu-Min said...

was reading as s-l-h-h.. so saja disturb u LOL

mydumdevice said...

I really enjoyed the blog because you arranged every fact in a very beautiful manner which gives it a look of series in which topics are connected amazingly.
nokia flip phone

Related Posts with Thumbnails