Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Hong Kong Day 3

1 September 2010
Morning! Another new day in HK. We headed off to Parkes Street for another recommended shop for breakfast, Australia Dairy Company.



Sounded not so Hongkie right? But everything is just as Hongkie inside. Lots of people cramped into the cafe, workers working VERY efficiently, turnover was epic fast!

Icy choco drink & Milk tea

Scrambled Egg with Toast

French Toast

The drinks and scrambled egg was good. Yin likes the french toast but me so-so only as it lacks peanut butter in it! No enough oomph~ LOL

We looked around and we realised that most of the people ordered macaroni in soup. We decided to give it a try and ordered, despite the uninviting colour-looking soup.

Macaroni & Ham in Chicken Soup

And we regretted! SUPER NOT NICE! I dont know how did the locals ate the whole bowl. There's 3 of us and I dont think we finish HALF of it. The soup tastes like the leftover water use to 'soften' the macaroni. YUCK!

After breakfast, as usual we took the MTR to our next destination. We stopped in Admiralty Station and then took the free shuttle bus no.629 to...OCEAN PARK!!


We bought our tickets at the main entrance (there's another entrance at Tai Shue Wan) for HK$225/person (we have 10% discount voucher).

tickets

We took the park map and program schedules and tried to plan our way so that we would try our best not miss the shows. However, the program schedules were pretty confusing! We decided to select a few must watch shows.

Mascot of Ocean Park - Dolphin

While taking photo with the Dolphin mascot, i put my hand round the mascot and realised there's a FAN inside! I think the costume designs are really good, as it would be really really stuffy and hot being inside the mascot.

Then we went to the area called Waterfront.

Left - Fake Hot Air Balloon
Right - Hot Air Balloon Ride which goes up to about 6 storey high


Bungee Trampoline

Sea Life Carousel

Hanging Bridge at Emerald Trail

Then we went for the Amazing Bird Theater for the Bird Show. The show was in Cantonese & English & Mandarin! Took pictures with the parrot after the show.

turn its face away from the camera :(

this is a TALKING rubbish bin.
talking about talk crap!


cute cute benches

insert a token and u can shoot those skulls

another token machine where u can maneuver a boat

example of a game booth

ferris wheel

another merry-go-round (not the sea life carousel)

kungfu panda in action

hello, i am the lazy panda. i eat and sleep and do nothing else.

We waited for the otter show written in the programme, if I'm not wrong is 12.30pm. So we went to the Giant Panda Adventure, supposedly the place which held the otter show.


We looked at turtles, fishes, scorpions etc... and when we finally nearing the end, we found the otters, but doesnt seem to be a place to held a show! It was already very near 12.30pm, so we went to ask the workers and to our horror, they say this is the correct place! =.='' The program pamphlet was really LOUSY! We wasted our time in Waterfront for nothing! We would've not slowed down our pace and would've been to another area of Ocean Park instead!!


So after the disappointment, we decided to head off to another area of Ocean Park. Spotted this game along the way.

The player would be given a big HEAVY(x10) hammer to hammer against the button. If the hit reaches a certain level, then the player would win a prize.

Mr Macho won and got the biggest soft toy

We then took the Cable Car Ride to The Summit.


And enjoy breathtaking views.


My my my...... the cable car ride was LONG! We passed through several hills/mountains. There's no such thing as WALK to The Summit from Waterfront. Very different from other theme parks that I've been to where walking from one 'land' to another 'land' is common.

Restaurant at the top of the Cable Car Summit Station

Spot my jeans! Yeaps it's being pulled up. The weather is extremely hot! And there's not much wind on that day. Even when there's wind, the wind is not cooling. To make things worse, look at the clothing I'm wearing. Definitely not for weather like this! The 3 of us were prepared for a cooling day (plus being on rides with rushing wind against us, we'll freeze) and bringing thick jackets just in case, and the weather turned out to be EXTREMELY HOT! Really FML moment that time.

Ocean Park Observation Tower

View from Observation Tower.

The Summit, theme park area from the top of Observation Tower

Another part of Summit

HK pier? Lots of small boats are berthed there

After the Observation Tower, we were extremely hungry, AND HOT! Which makes us really frustrated. We came across Boardwalk Cafe and decided to have lunch there.

pork and chicken rice

noodle in soup

soda

Superly overpriced! The total bill was HK$131!! Not to forget another thing. The moment we ordered our food, they served in about 2 minutes. Efficient right? Wait till u hear the rest of the story. So, we grabbed our food and queue to pay. There's like about 5 or 6 customers in front of us and we waited for more than half an hour!! The cashier is really extremely s.l.o.w.!! With the weather is really extremely hot + thick clothings + hungry...really super frustrated at that moment. After paying, we eat the food straight away. The food wasnt really that nice. Maybe partly due to the long waiting, the food has gone cold. Another FML moment!

So after lunch, we walked to Tai Shue Wan area to look for first aid. Why? Yin was not feeling very well. So we planned to ask the first aider for Panadol. When we were there, the first aider took her temperature and it was 38.6 degrees Celsius! High fever!

The first aider then explains that in HK, only clinics and hospitals would have medicine. Other places are not qualified to sell medicines even Panadol. We were in there for about half an hour but Yin's fever doesnt seem to be going away. The first aider then gives us address of a private hospital and government hospital for us. However before leaving, she asked where have we been, which ride had we gone on, which toilet had we visited and etc... very thorough, but a little bit long-winded and she keeps explaining again and again and again. LOL

Yin decided to go back to the guest house to rest (and eats fever medicine we bought along from Penang) and Peter followed her back. So I'm left with me alone in Ocean Park! :(

So with both of them gone, I couldnt take photos of myself anymore. Wouldnt wanna be so vain to take pictures of myself right? Haha. Hence, I took less photos. :P

I went for the first ride, Raging River, where you'll ride on a log-looking boat and goes down a slope and water splashes on you. Actually I was a little disappointed as there's only one slope! Was hoping to get a little more wet as the weather was HOT! haha

Raging River

Then I remembered my sis wrote something about Atoll Reef must watch as it has a great number of marine life. I checked the schedule program and it says 3pm. I checked my watch and it was already a little over 3pm at that time. So I rushed my way from Tai Shue Wan to The Summit. There's a uphill slope which i practically jogged, walked, jogged, walked... and walked up a super long escalator, and walked in super speed towards Atoll Reef.

When I reached there, IT WAS AN AQUARIUM THAT IS OPEN UNTIL THE PARK CLOSES! *pengsan* I shouldn't have trust the program pamphlet!! ARGH!!!

Anyway, this is Atoll Reef.




Inside Atoll Reef is a 4 level aquarium, where each level enables us to watch different type of fishes.

I put my hand in the video to show how HUGE is the stingray and turtle! My hand was about 1.5 feet away from the aquarium, so use your imagination and imagine HOW HUGE are them! Hehe

So after Atoll Reef, I decided to stay in The Summit and play the rides in The Summit before heading back to Tai Shue Wan for the rides there.


bigger Ferris Wheel

The Dragon Roller Coaster
with triple loops


Then I was beginning to queue for the Crazy Galleon (swinging ship) when I realised there will not be enough time for me to play all the rides so I decided to skip this (since I've played this in Genting Highlands many times) and played Eagle instead.

Eagle

Was afraid I might feel nausea after the ride, but thank God, I did not! :)

After Eagle, I had time for another ride, so I chose The Abyss! The ride that goes up high and then a sudden drop!

The Abyss

It was about 4.30pm when I finished The Abyss. I wanted to grab a reasonable good seat in the Ocean Theater, which means I need to be at there at about 4.45pm for the 5pm show. 15 minutes is not enough for me to go back to Tai Shue Wan for the Mine Train roller coaster, I think it would talk 15 minutes just to reach there. Not to forget the uphill slope and escalator ride when I need to return. So 15 minutes of nothing to do, and no human to talk to. Guess what I decided to do?

I decided to go to... the toilet! HAHAHAHA!! Yes making big business :P

So after the toilet tour, I headed off to Ocean Theater.

Shop selling souvenirs

What's in Ocean Theater? The dolphin show!! To me, Ocean Park is never complete without the Dolphin show!








The show ended at around 5.25pm. As Ocean Park closes at 6pm, there's not enough time for me to go to Tai Shue Wan for the Mine Train roller coaster anymore! :( So I walked my way heading to the Ocean Express back to Waterfront.

Along the way, spotted a beautiful view of a lighthouse and sunset!

Pacific Pier


Sunset at the Ocean Express Summit Entrance

I took the Ocean Express (something like MTR) instead of the Cable Car ride back to Waterfront.


It was superly packed in the Ocean Express. There's not a single person who isnt rubbing against another person's shoulder left and and right! If someone were to release a smelly fart inside, I bet everyone would've fainted as there wont be enough oxygen!

Ocean Express Waterfront Entrance

in futuristic underwater design

I left the park at about 5.55pm. Took the Free Shuttle Bus no. 629 again to go back to Admiralty Station. Again, on the way back to Tsim Sha Tsui Station, the MTR was packed like sandwich. Everyone is rubbing against other's shoulders left and right. There's not even a free space left for another kid to enter at each train. Must have to respect some of them. In such limited space, they can even read books or play games with their handphone or PlayStation.

When I reached Tsim Sha Tsui, I was superly hungry that I went to buy two breads from the 7eleven opposite the guest house that I'm staying before heading there to meet Yin and Peter.

When I reached the guest house, was glad to hear that Yin was feeling much better! So we took the MTR to Causeway Bay. The moment we stepped out of Causeway Bay, OMG! Girl's paradise! SHOPPING SHOPPING SHOPPING!!


We resisted ourselves and went dinner-hunting first. Came across this shop awhile hunting.

Dont know what is the shop called. No english name

Lemon Tea & Lemon Hydromel

Beef Brisket with Rice

Wanton Noodle

The beef brisket was quite nice! I'm not a really a fan of beef but I must say, I like the beefs in HK! Not very 'jun'. NICE! Wanton Noodle was normal.

After dinner, of course we went shopping! Haha.. window shopping actually. Bought a few earrings only. If it wasnt for the currency conversion, we might buy more stuff! Sigh...

Along the way, we went to this shop (no name again) for dessert.



Iced Sawdust Mango with Milk and White Pudding

YUMMY YUMMY!!

Saw a shop where many people were queuing up! So we joined the crowd and bought Curry Fishballs and overly-sweet wanton skin.




Walked, window-shopped, walked and eat desserts again. This time at a famous shop called Hui Lau Shan. You can see them lurking in every corner in the city!



Peach Pudding with Hokkaido Milk and Yogurt Filling

The famous one is the Mango Pudding but it was already sold out, so we settled for Peach instead. Wasnt really that special as the yogurt filling was very little!

Then we walked and window-shopped again for a while before heading back to our guest house. At the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station, we stopped by Coco Frans again and bought Mille Crepe.




Quite a yummy dessert! :)

The end of day 3.


***to be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails